Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year

The red and white striped tents are up, which only means one thing, the Union Square holiday markets are here!!!! One of my favorite things about winter here in New York city, okay the only thing I like, is walking around these markets in Union Square and now Columbus Circle.  They are open from Thanksgiving until Christmas, and I usually visit them at least ten times during the season, a perk of living only a few blocks away. 

There are hundreds of vendors who have booths set up which offer a variety of goods ranging from jewelry, unique hats and gloves, paintings and other artwork, as well as a few restaurants.  If you are in need of a gift for someone for the holidays, this is definitely the place to look.

I took my first walk around the booths today, and I have to say there are ton of new and promising additions.  One of my favorite jewelry designers, KT Collections, has her own booth this year.  As well as Momofuku Milk Bar and the always popular Wafles and Dinges.  Lauren and Randy's favorite vendor (pictured in the top left) is back, which means a new map for the Weiss'!


Check out this website for the full list of vendors: http://www.unionsquarenyc.org/ and head to Union Square or Columbus Circle for all your holiday gift needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment