Wednesday, April 25, 2012

We Built This City on Rock and Roll


Last night some of my co-workers and I headed over to Time Square to check out Rock of Ages at the Helen Hayes Theatre.  The musical was entertaining for a crowd of any age, with hits from Journey, Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, Bon Jovi, and pretty much any other rock n' roll artist you can think of.  I only checked my watch once and didn't fall asleep at all.  For those who don't know me well, that's a major triumph.  Also, who doesn't love a show where the narrator leads the audience in a good old fashion slow clap.  The show had all the elements of a good time - laughs (Franc), love story (Penn Badgley-look-a-like-Drew and Sharee), and incredibly awkward sexual innuendos increased by the fact your boss is sitting two seats down.


The Rock of Ages motion picture is coming out this summer, and I'm somewhat torn on whether to go see it.  Remakes can teeter on successful or disastrous, but with Adam Shankman behind the film as choreographer, this one may pull through. It features some of my favorites, Bryan Cranston, Malin Akerman, Alec Baldwin and Catherine Zeta-Jones, but it also stars Tom Cruise, who is one my least of favorites these days.  I've never really gotten over the couch jumping and "glib" incident. Then again, "Every Rose Has It's Thorn".

No comments:

Post a Comment