Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tuesday Tunes

This week's inspiration for Tuesday Tunes comes from the recent discovery that, after much speculation over the last 15 years, Tupac is still alive! Don't alert your local media just yet, he was brought back to life only as a hologram this weekend at Coachella to perform with headliners Dr. Dre and Snoop Dog.  Its one of the craziest things I've seen in awhile and has been added to my list of why modern technology is creepy, joining the ranks of Friend Finder and AdWorks.  Here are some other throwback tunes that have resurfaced recently:

1) Tupac Hologram Performance at Coachella 2012


2) Hold On by Wilson Phillips (featured in Bridesmaids)


3) Step by Step by Whitney Houston (for obvious reasons)


4) Let's Hear it for the Boy by Deniece Williams (featured in Footloose remake)


5) My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion (Leo in 3D, yes please)


Bonus Tracks:  My jaw dropped at a recent commercial I saw for Now That's What I Call Music #41.  I remember bopping to the first one with Meryl and Drew all through middle school.  The next two tracks are a tribute to NOW #1 and NOW #5, which I played on repeat for all of 2000. I apologize in advance for the last one, my music taste wasn't quite as sophisticated as it is now but the video is hysterical.  I was  tempted to post Barbie Girl by Aqua for Bonus Track #1 but I figured one annoying song was sufficient enough.  You're welcome.

1) Together Again by Janet Jackson 


2) Aaron's House (Come Get It) by Aaron Carter


No comments:

Post a Comment