Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ga-Ga for Greek

Move over Pinkberry, there is a new type of yogurt in town!  Growing up, I used to eat yogurt sporadically; it was okay, but not my favorite.  Then I was introduced to Greek yogurt, and haven't turned back since.  Almost every morning you can be guaranteed to find me at my desk with Fage or Chobani in hand.


I went to Greece last summer and had the most amazing Greek yogurt I could imagine, and have been trying to find something comparable ever since.  FINALLY, I found it in The Yogurt Culture Company that opened  in Midtown earlier this week.  The store offers fresh traditional and Greek yogurt, both in skim or whole, as well as frozen yogurt.  The pure fruit purees are made from 100% fruit and contain no preservatives.  So, those of you who like to add a little sweetness to your breakfast can do it in healthy way.  Once you have the yogurt and purees, you head over to the toppings section where they offer a variety of fresh fruit, organic granola, roasted nuts, and other novelty toppings.  At $6 for a cup, it's a little on the expensive side, but worth an indulgence every now and then.  The Yogurt Culture Company has truly brought a unique idea to the city, with Chobani right on their heels.  They are opening up a similar type of store in SoHo soon and I can't wait to check it out.  Since I found the Greek flavor from Mykonos, all I need now is the crystal clear blue waters, a moped, and white buildings then I'll officially be back in heaven!


No comments:

Post a Comment