Monday, January 17, 2011

Pistachio Pudding Puh-lease

** Raise your hand if you are sick of A) my alliteration titles, or B) posting about things today.  Hand goes up.  Don't worry this is the last for both, well definitely B, the cheesy titles I just can't help**

I found this recipe on one of the many blogs that I follow for "G.R.I.T.S" (girls raised in the south).  It's been a relaxing and cold weekend, so I decided baking would be a great way to end it.  If you are a fan of pistachios, or looking for something to bring to a St. Patty's day celebration this is a great option. 

1 Box White Cake Mix
1 Small Box of Pistachio Pudding
4 Eggs
1 1/4 c. Water
1/4 c. Oil
1 tbsp. some type of extract (I used almond extract)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased bundt pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes. After removing the pan, run a knife around the edges gently to loosen the cake. Place your plate on top of the pan and flip it over. It should come out easily. If it doesn't, better luck next time :) 

If you really want to get fancy, you can also add an almond or orange juice glaze:
1/4 c. of powdered sugar
splash of almond extract
splash of milk

Mix and drizzle. 

She added some green food coloring, but it creeped me out a little, so I just settled with the natural green hue from the pistachio pudding mix.  She also suggested to add some pistachios to the mix, which I agree would have given it a bit more texture. I think I will try that the next go around.  Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment