Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New Moi


Happy 2011 Everyone!! 2010 was an amazing year.  Got a new job, made new friends, traveled to a lot of fun places, saw my best friend get married and am happy to say I accomplished most of my 2010 resolutions.  I have a feeling 2011 is going to be EVEN better and I cannot wait.  I'm a huge advocate of making new year resolutions.  I like to feel like I have a goal and things to work towards.  I also like airing them out and telling people what they are so that I feel held accountable.  With that, here are some of my resolutions/goals for the coming year:

  • Budget, budget, budget, save, save, save:  There is lots of traveling going on in 2011, including a major trip that I want to go on, so this coupled with the fact that I need to start saving for the future, I'm putting myself on a major budget and I am sticking to it (hopefully!!)
  • Be less uptight:  A lot of people who have known me forever have told me that I have become much more uptight and stressed since living in the Big Apple.  My constant lack of sleep because my head is racing with a thousand thoughts is a sure sign that they are probably right.  Thus, I'm really going to try and take things as they are, stop worrying so much, and stop feeling like I always need to be on the go.  
  • Take my lunch at least twice a week:  I know this sounds silly but this goes a long with my previous resolution.  I almost always work through lunch because I can't enjoy being away from my desk when I feel like I have so much to do.  Not anymore! The less uptight me will take her lunch, no matter what, at LEAST twice a week.  This one is going to be tough. 
  • Read more non-fiction books:  I read a ton, but I'd like to read more books that I can learn from.  For every 1-2 books of entertainment I read, I want to read at least one non-fiction book.  I also would like to finish Glass Castle and Pillars of the Earth. 
  • Cut down on sweets:  I've developed quite a sweet tooth this year, and I need to get rid of it. Stat.
  • Finish the New York Half Marathon:  Signed up, now just gotta do it!
  • Go to 2-3 total body classes a week:  I typically do a lot of cardio so I want to work on toning.
  • Keep in better touch with people in other cities:  I'm pretty good at keeping in touch with people for the most part, but I hate talking on the phone.  Thus, I usually resort to gchat, texting and emails. I think talking on the phone is better for any relationship so I'd like to start making more of an effort on that front. 
  • Continue to take advantage of all this amazing city has to offer:  This was one of my resolutions last year and I think I did a good job of taking advantage of the city.  I'd like to keep this up in 2011 because I never know what the future might bring. 
  • Start taking classes:  I'm still in limbo on what I want to do for the rest of my life, and I think taking some classes will definitely help jump start my motivation to figure it out. 
  • Accept my friends and family as they are and continue to love and appreciate them for being that way, and hopefully find a special someone who appreciates me the same way.
Wow, having written it all out I've got lots of aspirations for the upcoming year.  Better get started!!  Wishing you a very healthy and wonderful 2011!!

No comments:

Post a Comment