Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cause I've Gone to Carolina in my Mind

It was a fantastic weekend in Charleston, to say the least.  We celebrated the nuptials of one of my very first friends at IU and I got to see my best friend from Atlanta and her family. If you haven't had the opportunity to travel to Charleston, you should immediately.  It is breathtaking!  You get the feel of a historic charming Southern city, as well as having the beach at your finger tips. 
Rehearsal dinner, morning snuggs, butterfly and flowers at the farmer's market

The Katzenthal's rehearsal dinner was in the barn at Boon Hall Plantation in Mount Pleasant.  It could not have been more perfect.  There was an incredible view overlooking the Cooper river, an acoustic guitarist, yummy Southern cooking, and everyone shared their hysterical and touching stories of the beautiful couple. The wedding took place at the William Aiken House in downtown Charleston the following day.  The garden was the perfect back drop for such a romantic occasion.  Every detail of the wedding was perfect (including the custom cloth napkins that matched the invitations!), thought out, and so Judith.  One of the most gorgeous and fun weddings I've been too.  Congrats Ju-Ju bean and Tony!


The rest of the weekend was spent anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby Gitter, who decided to stay holed up a bit longer.  I got to play with my favorite twin, Caroline, explore the farmer's market, and ate delicious meals at Al Di La, Black Magic and Nirlep.  Lyss lives steps from Folly Beach, so we spent Sunday relaxing and soaking up some rays.  It was absolute heaven. Hope y'all had a good weekend as well!

Folly Beach and the Cooper River bridge
My buddy and me

If you are ever in Charleston, here are additional restaurant recommendations:
Basil {strongly endorsed by Ju and Morgy}
Cru Cafe {Lyss' favorite}


No comments:

Post a Comment