Sunday, December 16, 2012

Wine and Dine: Shroomtown

Well hello there world, it's been awhile! Yesterday I took my last final and got a much needed break from the craziness of work.  To celebrate, Shana threw a fantastic wine tasting party! Okay, so it wasn't really for me.  But, it was just what I needed - fun times with all my closest gal pals.  For the occasion, I made goat-cheese stuffed mushrooms to pair with my wine assignment, Cabernet Sauvignon.  Although I didn't come out the winner overall and was stripped of my crown, {good job AGK} I thought these made a great appetizer! Nom-Nom

Ingredients
Olive oil
3 slices white sandwich bread
1 small garlic clove, coarsely chopped
1 log (5 ounces) soft goat cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
Coarse salt
2 packages (10 ounces each) white button mushrooms, stems removed

Directions 
- Preheat over to 400 degrees. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a food processor, pulse bread and garlic until fine crumbs form; set 1/2 cup aside.  To food processor, add goat cheese, parsley, and red-pepper flakes.  Season with salt, and pulse filling until combined.
- Spoon filling into each mushroom, and roll filled side in reserved breadcrumbs.  Place on prepared baking sheet; bake until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.

*Thank you Martha as always.



End of night.  #somuchlove


No comments:

Post a Comment