Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tuesday Tunes: I Love Ameri-cuh and NYC

It's hard to believe that the Twin Towers, the Pentagon, a field in Pennsylvania and countless Americans were forever changed eleven years ago today.  I remember it like it was yesterday, and I never could have imagined that I would be living in this great city six years later. These songs always remind me of how proud I am to be a New Yorker, to be an American and of that day.  Also, there was a touching article yesterday in Forbes magazine, Fifty Important Lessons New York Taught Me,  that can be applied to just about anyone, click here to read.

America by Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel 


New York State of Mind by Billy Joel


Fire & Rain by James Taylor


Overcome by LIVE (I listened to this on repeat for weeks after 9/11/01, warning its a tearjerker)


Empire State of Mind by Alicia Keys and Jay-Z (obvi)


I'm Proud to be an American by Toby Keith




#NEVERFORGET


No comments:

Post a Comment