Monday, May 7, 2012

B-Bar: Not the One on Bowery...

Breakfast is hands down my favorite meal of the day. My usual week day morning meal includes greek yogurt, granola and a banana or oatmeal with a scoop of peanut butter.  I've been getting a little bored with the combinations lately so I was ready to try something new.  In swoops my lovely sister to the rescue, who sent me the following recipe that is easy, delicious and healthy.  It's a combination of some of my favorite elements.   Bon Appétit!

Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Bars aka "B-Bars"

2-3 Ripe Bananas, mashed
1 1/2 Cups of Quick Oats
1 Cup of Unsweetened Applesauce
1/4 Cup of Raisins or Craisins
Cinnamon to taste
* I also added a smidge of vanilla extract

1) Preheat over to 350 degrees
2) Mix all ingredients together well. 
3) Put mixture in circle shapes on a greased cookie sheet. 
4) Bake for 30-35 minutes

Makes 15 cookies/bars at about 60 calories per serving.

1 comment:

  1. Yuuuum! Definitely trying this out! Thanks Laura for passing on this recipe to Meghan, and thank you Meggo for posting this for your lovely readers :)

    ReplyDelete